Software Architect for PSS
Did you know you can use your software knowledge in creating safer cars?
With intelligent vehicle technology, Continental helps vehicle manufacturers to significantly improve safety on the roads.
In this mission, passive systems offer optimum protection in the event of an accident and we are working for these systems in Iasi.
Airbags, seatbelts (restraint systems), and pedestrian protection, they all increase safety throughout the vehicle.
In order to further develop this kind of products, we need a skilled Software Architect to join our Passive Safety and Sensorics team in Iasi.
These should also spark your interest :
- Analyze all project related software requirements coming from customer (external) or Conti (internal).
- Create the software architecture, for projects within the Electronic Chassis Components segment, from business unit Passive Safety and Sensorics :
- o Modeling with IBM Rational Rhapsody in UML / SysML;
- o Develop new architectural concepts and platforms (up to ASILD);
- o Define or approve software components and interfaces;
- o Define the Real-Time Operating System tasks scheduling;
- o Create real-time timing simulations using Inchron (state of the art tool);
o Perform software safety analysis (e.g. failure tree analysis, memory partitioning analysis, etc.)
- Assure the traceability between software requirements and software architecture; and from software architecture to software detailed designs.
- Support the software validation engineers in creating the software integration test specification, by describing in the architecture interfaces between the software components.
- Review and update the software architecture with the stakeholders, according to project schedules and milestones.
- Inform in real time the project team about any changes performed in the software architecture.
- Constantly check for new software requirements in the project and where missing, write the necessary requirements, prior to their inclusion in the software architecture.
- Participate in projects meetings and support the team in finding the best software implementations, from architectural point of view.
- Collaborate with third-party vendors to evaluate and / or develop key software technologies required to offer comprehensive software development.
- Participate in selection of development / test tools and environments to enhance overall software infrastructure and ecosystem.
- Contribute to the overall software quality by defining best-practice software engineering methods, including specifications, testing guidelines and code-review processes.
Qualifications You can be a perfect match to our team if :
- You have an engineering degree in a relevant field (Automation and Computer science, Telecommunication, Electronics, Informatics, etc.);
- You have relevant experience with embedded software;
- You have experience in international teams;
- You can decompose and understand complex systems;
- You have good English writing, reading and speaking;
- You are innovative and challenge ideas;
- You feel you can contribute to a research and development project.