Senior Fullstack Software Engineer
Kalepa is looking for Senior Fullstack Software Engineers with 5+ years of experience to lead the development of our world-class software for commercial insurers.
We are a fully remote startup building software to transform and disrupt commercial insurance. Our HQ is located in New York.
Software engineers at Kalepa are solving interesting and challenging problems at the intersection of data engineering, distributed systems and microservices, and machine learning.
In this role, you will be working on our client-facing application written in React + Redux as well as backend services created in Python + pSQL.
You will be collaborating with a small team of full-stack, data, ML, and DevOps engineers.
Every business on the planet needs insurance. Nearly one trillion ($1T) dollars are spent globally each year on commercial insurance to protect businesses from fires, injuries, lawsuits, etc.
However, commercial insurance is plagued with a big problem. Businesses and insurers don’t trust each other. This leads to a lot of economic waste.
Missed opportunities, mispricing, and mistakes. Everyone is worse off.
By combining cutting-edge data science and a proprietary learning engine in a delightful-to-use software platform, Kalepa is solving this problem and turning every underwriter into a top underwriter.
There are many challenging technical problems as we continue to build and expand our software and a massive opportunity to transform an ancient industry that comprises 6% of world GDP.
Kalepa's team members bring experiences from Facebook, Google, Amazon, ClassPass, Atlassian, Mastercard, MIT, Berkeley, UPenn, the University of Warsaw, and the Israel Defense Forces.
Kalepa is backed by IA Ventures, lead early-stage investors on TheTradeDesk (IPO, $38B valuation), Datadog (IPO, $32B), TransferWise (last valued at $5B), DataRobot ($2.
7B), Flatiron Health (acquired for $2B), and several other unicorns and public companies.
About you :
- You love to hustle : finding ways to get things done, destroying obstacles, and never taking no for an answer. The words it can’t be done don’t exist in your vocabulary.
- You enjoy understanding customer business needs and translating them into specifications or code.
- You are excited about using a wide set of technologies, ultimately focused on finding the right tool for the job.
- You are energized by building beautiful, easy-to-use apps that our customers will love to use.
- You value open, frank, and respectful communication.
- You have experience in a modern FE framework (preferably React with Redux).
- You have experience in backend development and API design in any programming language.
As a plus :
- You have experience with SQL databases.
- You have experience with AWS infrastructure.
- You have experience with Python.
What you’ll get
- Very competitive base salary plus significant number of stock options on top of that.
- Stock options with a huge upside potential on top of the base salary (we believe the options will be worth more than any salary you could possibly get, in the most conservative approach you could treat it as your second cash salary).
You can learn more about options at https : / / carta.com / blog / equity-101-stock-option-basics / .
- Paid 20 vacation and personal days a year
- Mobile phone bill reimbursement plan up to
- Multisport Plus Card, LuxMed comprehensive package
- Continuing education credits up to, home office stipend up to
- Quarterly teams offsites in global locations
- Work with an ambitious, smart, global, and fun team to transform a $1T global industry.
- Ground floor opportunity opportunity to build the foundations for the product, team, and culture alongside the founding team.
- Wide-ranging intellectual challenges spanning full-stack software development, AI / ML, and strong design.
- Assistance with getting the 5% tax rate on your base salary (IP BOX).